Media accreditation for Mariposa Folk Festival is now open.
Please be aware that the criteria for media accreditation is as follows:
- Restricted to media outlets reporting on the Festival.
- Reporters receiving accreditation must commit to publishing/broadcasting/reporting the festival
- Media outlets that publish/broadcast/report Mariposa content in the weeks leading up to the Festival will be considered for automatic accreditation.
- Press applying for accreditation for the first time will be required to explain how they intend to publish/broadcast/report the content.
- Returning media may be required to demonstrate that they published/broadcast/reported content in the days following the last festival they attended and/or in the weeks leading up to that festival.
- Freelance reporters, photographers and/or videographers reporting on the Festival must demonstrate that they are under commission, and that the content will be published/broadcast/reported.
Additional Criteria (Non-Traditional Media Applicants):
Applications will be assessed through objective and subjective analyses in order to determine whether the reporting could be expected to provide reasonable added value to the festival. Considerations will include:
- The relative reach of the media with regard to readership, viewership, followers and other relevant metrics.
- The relevance of the editorial focus with regard to Mariposa’s mandate.
- The quality of the publishing/broadcasting.